Tips For Selling Your Home in The WoodlandsSelling your home in The Woodlands can dramatically be sped up with a few simple tips. The staff at The Woodlands Realty has put together this list of things that you can do to help get your home in The Woodlands sold as quickly as possible and at the best price!
Cosmetic Touch-Ups That Can Increase the Face Value of Your Home in The WoodlandsIt is very important to prepare your home in The Woodlands to sell. Simple projects like adding a fresh coat of paint or cleaning up the landscaping will go along way to selling faster. These projects are not major investments and will be relatively inexpensive, but will help move your home along to the next owner.
If you have questions about improvements to your home in The Woodlands that will help the selling process, please do not hesitate to talk them over with your realtor from The Woodlands Realty. Our experience in home selling will help determine improvements or renovations that will help sell your home.
Improvements to Make to Your Home in The WoodlandsHere is a list of improvements, along with jobs to avoid because they may require too much investment in either time or money.
The BathroomsThings To Do:
- Get rid of stains in the toilets, tubs and sinks.
- If any fixtures are broken or outdated, replace them.
- Put up new shower curtains.
- Examine the tile grout and if it is broken or worn out, make the necessary repairs.
- Go through and caulk all joints to create a watertight seal.
- Do not replace any flooring unless it is damaged.
- Only replace tiles is they can not be repaired or patched.
The KitchenThings To Do:
- Ensure that all faucets are in proper working condition, look good and shut off quickly.
- If faucets are to badly damaged or look bad, replace them.
- Keep the sink free of any stains. If the sink is outdated or cannot be made to look good, consider replacing it with a new, modern looking sink.
- Be sure to clean all appliances thoroughly and inspect to make sure they are working properly.
- Get the cabinets looking great. If they are worn and dingy, consider a fresh coat of paint. Even consider putting on new cabinet hardware.
- Do not leave appliances on the countertop. Store them away in cabinets keeping the countertop uncluttered.
- Do not remodel the kitchen.
- Only replace the flooring if it is unattractive or damaged.
The Living Areas and The BedroomsThings To Do:
- If the walls have any cracks, patch them up. A new coat of paint will eliminate years of wear and give a fresh look.
- Look over any wallpaper to ensure that it is all attached to the wall. If there are any loose areas, reaffix with wallpaper adhesive.
- Be sure to have the curtains and drapes cleaned.
- Have the carpet cleaned.
- If you have wood floors and they are dingy, have them polished and put down appropriate rugs.
- There is no need to replace the carpet unless it is damaged or worn out.
- Never paint the walls a dark color. It makes the room look smaller.
- You do not have to replace light fixtures unless they are broken.
The ExteriorWhen people first see your home in The Woodlands, the way that it looks can determine if they are interested in buying it or not. It is important to make a positive first impression.
Things To Do:
- Have the exterior professionally power-washed. If needed, touch it up to ensure the surface looks good.
- Painting the front door with a fresh coat of paint always makes a great impression.
- Always make sure the house number is prominent and in good shape.
- If the exterior doors squeak, oil them to eliminate the squeak.
- Make sure the doorbell is working properly.
- Look at the roof and clear all debris from it. If there are broken or missing shingles, replace them.
- Be sure that all windows work properly and do not bind when opening. Also make sure they are clean.
- Inspect and all storm windows and screens and make needed repairs.
- Put down a fresh coat of asphalt sealant on the driveway.
- Properly clean the decks to remove dirt and stains. Then apply a fresh coat of stain or sealer.
- Do not paint the exterior of your home in The Woodlands unless it is necessary.
- Do not reshingle your home unless it is damaged or is leaking
Curb AppealThere are some very simple things that you can do to help your home sell faster. Remember, first impressions are everything!
- Keep your lawn in good shape. Mow the grass, trim shrubs, prune trees, rake up leaves and keep all toys stored away.
- Keep all floors swept and vacuumed.
- Strategically place flowers around your home and a nice decoration on kitchen countertops.
- Put new doormats in front of doors.
- If any curtains are dingy, replace them.
- Do not keep any appliances on countertops. Store them away.
- Put colorful towels and soaps in the bathrooms.
- Make sure fireplaces are clean and put logs on the grate.
- Keep knickknacks to a minimum. They tend to clutter homes.
- Be sure all beds are made, put all laundry away, and that all floors are free of clutter.
- Open all the curtains and turn on lights.
- A nice touch is to have soft music playing in the background.
- Keep closets as empty as possible and organized.